roof deck wind screen

Say you have a three story building with a roof deck and the client wants to
put up a 6 foot high wind screen along 50% of one of the longitudinal
exterior walls. Would this require a complete upgrade of the lateral system
in the offending direction? If so, would you not then be obligated to
consider improvements for seismic loads?

I have seen these wind screens in several places, yet I am sure no one ever
upgraded the building due to the wind screen.

Jeff Smith