Proposed Change

While new the this forum, I have appreciated some of the excellent subjects
discussed recently and have shared the articles with coworkers and friends.
Now let's see if I can submit this correctly....

In reference to the proposed change to the forum guidelines:
While this is a technical forum, I see no problem with the occasional joke,
political satire or otherwise. Sometimes engineers share a sense of humour
not shared by others, perhaps it is a reflection on our mindset which leads
us to be engineers in the first place. I am personally opposed to this
change - there now, I've stated my position.

A simple reminder as stated by another previously, if you don't like a
message, either defend your position (technical) or delete it if you don't
get (or like) the joke.
Life is to short to take seriously.

In the spirit of the season I offer the following:
A young boy on a doorstep says "trick or treat!"
The man of the house opens the door to see the lad wearing a pirate costume
and he asks "hello sonny, where's your buccaneers?"
To which the kid replies "under my buckin' hat!"
One Halloween a trick-or-treater came to my door dressed as "Rocky" in
boxing gloves and satin shorts. Soon after I gave him some goodies, he
returned for more.
"Aren't you the same 'Rocky' who left my doorstep several minutes ago?" I
asked.
"Yes," he replied, "but now I'm the sequel. I'll be back three more times
tonight too."
Why don't witches have babies?
Because their husbands have crystal balls and hollow-weenies.
Happy Halloween!

Dennis B. Decator P.E.
dbdecator(--nospam--at)hedesign.com <mailto:dbdecator(--nospam--at)hedesign.com>
Harley Ellington Design
Structural Department