Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Bracing the compression flange on steel beam?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Bracing the compression flange on steel beam?
- From: Andy Costello <acost(--nospam--at)cwfab.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:14:00 -0400
How about a technical question, for a change. Is a lateral brace that is attached from the tension flange to half way up the web considered an effective brace? Some would say that the stiffness of the web can support its comp flange, and keep the beam section from twisting, hence Lc reduced. I have some references but still not clear, your option is appreciated. Thanks, Andy
- Prev by Subject: Blue book
- Next by Subject: RE: Bracing the compression flange on steel beam?
- Previous by thread: Architectural Engineering
- Next by thread: RE: Bracing the compression flange on steel beam?