Re: Suggestted Modification to List FAQ

Again, we let the minority opinion dictate the policies and practices of the
whole.  The loudest whiners win.  To me this is wrong.  I think we should
allow anything which does not directly abuse a person on this list.  A
politician is a public figure and open to public comments.  Belittling a
race, religion or ethnicity is different because these groups have no control
over the public atmosphere and labels groups as a whole.  A Clinton joke is
different because he is an individual public figure who puts himself out in
the public for public scrutiny.

Rich

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org writes:
23. Can I post a joke to the list?
This list server is intended to focus on the Structural engineering issues.
Normally, the jokes are NOT welcome by members. However, an occasional joke
relating engineers are allowed, provided the content is not regarding
POLITICS, race, religion or ethnicity. If your email is found inappropriate
by the administrator, you will be warned and may be suspended from the list.]