Steel section properties Circa 1901

I have a building from 1901 with steel trusses.  The purlins are " 9 x 21".  Does anyone have any historical information on the section properties and material properties? The building is at the Norfolk Naval Base in Virginia.  I believe this pre-dates AISC and maybe ASTM.  I guess steel was already in production, so it isn't iron.  Thanks.

Also, I would like to nominate myself for one of the top 100 structural engineers of the century. Really. Hey, I mean it.  Quit laughing.  I think I'm pretty good.

Glenn Otto, P.E.
LIBERTY ENGINEERING, P.C.