Re: Steel section properties Circa 1901

Glen,

I have a copy of, Structural Data-Structural Steel, Cast Iron, Ornamental Iron, and Iron Reinforced Concrete and Steel Lumber for Engineers, Architects and Builders by Moshler Steel and Machinery Company published in 1923.  The book lists under "standard sections" a 9x4.330 beam @ 21.8 lbs/LF.  Under properties, it gives A as 6.32in2, tw as0.290, I as 24.9in4, r as 3.67in and S as18.9in2.  Allowable extreme fiber stress under "safe loads" is 16ksi.  Maybe this will help a bit.  I'll be more than glad to research some more for you in my collection of "ancient engineering" book should you desire.

On that "top 100 structural engineers" thingie,  I remind you that even a chicken does not cackle untill AFTER she has produced the egg.

Jimmy  C.......(hisself)