Roof Live Loads

Dave,

>From the 1927 UBC (60 year anniversary reprint), Sec. 2305 states:

Slope of 4:12 or less:  30 psf
Slope > 4:12 to 12:12:  25 psf
Slope > 12:12:          20 psf

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

P.S.  BTW, the Appendix to the 1927 UBC addresses seismic thusly:

"The following provisions are suggested for inclusion in the Code by cities
located within an area subject to earthquake shocks.  The design of buildings
for earthquake shocks is a moot question but the following provisions will
provide adequate additional strength when applied in the design of buildings
or structures." and then goes on with lateral bracing recommendations.

Did we come a long ways, or what?

Dave Adams asked:

>>The U.B.C. has been published since about 1927(?) and I'm assuming that the
older Codes required roof live loads similar to what they've been since 1967
(earliest Code we have at our office), which is what they are today.  Does
anyone know what the roof live load requirements were in the earlier Codes?

Regards,

Dave Adams
Lane Engineers, Inc.<<