Re: Cambria Steel

Trouble with private replies is the rest of us get our curiosity aroused
with no satisfaction.

I have a very fragile copy of
    Cambria Steel
    A Handbook of Information relating to
    Structural Steel
    Manufactured by the
    Cambria Steel Co.
    containing useful tables, rules, date and formulae for the use of
    Engineers, Architects, Builders and Mechanics
    Eighth edition, Price $1.00
    1907

There is a section on cast iron column strengths, and another on cast
iron properties and test procedures, so I assume they made the stuff.
Their general office was in Philadelphia, with the works in Johnstown,
PA

If you haven't found another copy by 11/10 (I'm out of the office until
then), and promise on your PE that I'll get it back in no worse shape
than it already is, email me and I'll loan it to you.

Phil Hodge
phil(--nospam--at)joistdesign.com