Historical UBC editions

ICBO now has two CDs available containg the Uniform Building Codes from 1927
through 1991.  The volume: "The Early Years" covers 1927 through 1964. The
second volume covers 1967 through 1991.  At about $200 each (ICBO website
should have the exact costs) they may sound expensive.  But in the month and
a half I've had them, I think they have already paid for themselves in time
saved from discussions ("arguments") with plan checkers about design
assumptions for retrofit work.

I recommend them highly.  Besides, its fun to see how far we've come.  One
observation though, the old ones were much easier to carry around.  The
academics hadn't started making the code a forum for publishing their
research yet.  (ROTFL)

Bill Cain S.E.
Albany CA