RE: Steel section properties Circa 1901

AISC has a publication called "Iron and Steel Beams  1873 to 1952" which
contains section properties for various shapes.  The publication also has
the early unit stresses for various steel mills during the time period.
There was a 9" American Standard Beam (adopted by American Steel
Manufacturers on Jan 17, 1896) available around 1901; it was made by several
manufacturers and the section properties varied slightly.

Harry Olive, P.E.
Neill and Gunter