Re: Compression flange bracing

I know this is drifting a little, but I would like to know if there is a
general concensus on the subject of whether bar grating should, or should
not be counted on as lateral bracing for the beam on which it rests.  I
realize that if it were welded then there would be no question but often
times the only connection is 2 clips per end and one near the midspan - and
these clips are not always very tight.  I have been designing my industrial
buildings as if the beams are braced but I also require special connecting
of the grating.  I show a detail on the drawings that requires a connection
at each location where the grating passes over a beam.