RE: FIXING RENTRANT CORNERS ON BEAMS; ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ?

The following is loosely based upon guidance in AISC's "A Guide to
Engineering and Quality Criteria for Steel Structures: Common Questions
Answered." If you can tolerate a slightly larger cope depth and length,
you can reform the corner of the cope by removing additional material to
provide a smooth transition. The removal does not have to meet the sides
of the cope tangentially. Actually, you'd be better off not trying to
meet it tangentially, since can often result in a notch. Remove notches
that do result in the cut surface by grinding. If hand-flame-cut in the
field, there may be a lot of notches to grind.

Charlie

<<application/ms-tnef>>