Re: system file structure

Norton System Works can recognize all of the files those are related to one application and even can make a backup or move the entire application. But I haven't try that to see if it reports files list. Probably it should be possible to see the list before or after backing it up.

email: fmtehrani(--nospam--at)hotmail.com

From: "Greg Smith" <strusup(--nospam--at)gte.net>
To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: system file structure
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:37:12 -0600

Does anyone know of software that will look through the file structure and tell you what files are contiguous to what program? There are so many files everywhere and some of the software i.e. Staad and Visual Analysis that sticks files where they see fit on installation. You end up not knowing if you can delete. There is software called Belarc that will tell you WHAT is installed but I would like to know WHERE the support files are. Links?

Thanks in advance,
Greg