Re: Compatibility of AutoCad with Microstation J

Vince

>From Experience

i would not recommend converting from one to another, although it is possible in J. Based on the type of work you will be doing, Microstation is quite simple to pick up for a good autocad operator. I learned microstation j in about 3 days. There are basic things you should know, but in general, it is rather simple. Keep in mind, using microstation allows you to implement GEOPAK software for Rebar and Road functions.

If you have any questions feel free to email me

At 10:23 AM 11/2/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Our firm has a new client that requires us to work in Microstation J.
>We have only AutoCAD in our officeR14 and 2000. We really don't want to
>spend $4000 per station and to be re-trained in Microstation J for one
>or two jobs unless we have to. Does anyone know if AutoCAD can read
>Microstation J files and output back to Microstation? Thanks in advance
>for any help.
>
>Vince Yu
>Pickard Architects
>

>* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
>* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
>* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
>* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
>* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
>* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
>* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
>* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
>* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
>* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
>* site at: http://www.seaint.org

| Ido Shimony |
| |
| Bridge Department |