Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Double Sheathing for Wood Shearwalls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Double Sheathing for Wood Shearwalls
- From: Ed Greig <EdG(--nospam--at)acronym.on.ca>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:47:10 -0500
> BOCA 2306.4.4.1 Design Shear Increases: The design shear capacity is > permitted to be doubled where identical materials are applied to both > sides of the wall. Where the shear capacities of the materials are not > equal, the allowable shear shall be considered to be equal to either > the shear for the higher capacity or twice the shear for the side with > the lower capacity. > > I have searched the UBC97 for a similar clause, but have not found it > yet.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Dog bone connection concentrated load and lateral bracing
- Next by Subject: Re: Double Sheathing for Wood Shearwalls
- Previous by thread: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION
- Next by thread: RE: Double Sheathing for Wood Shearwalls