Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ENGINEERING HUMOR: ACAD Monkey[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ENGINEERING HUMOR: ACAD Monkey
- From: "Bill Polhemus" <polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:45:43 -0600
A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display.while he was there, another customer walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll have an AutoCAD monkey please." The shopkeeper nodded, went over to a cage at the side of the shop and took out a monkey. He fit a collar and leash, handed it to the customer, saying, "That'll be $5000." The customer paid and walked out with his monkey. Startled, the tourist went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few hundred dollars. Why did it cost so much?" The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can draw in AutoCAD - very fast, clear layout, no mistakes, well worth the money." The tourist looked at the monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive! $10,000! What does it do?" "Oh, that one's a Design monkey; it can design systems, layout projects, mark-up drawings, write specifications, even some calculations. All the really useful stuff," said the shopkeeper. The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in a cage of its own. The price tag around its neck read $50,000. He gasped to the shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the other put together! What on earth does it do?" The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't actually seen it do anything, but it says it's a project manager."
- Prev by Subject: Re: Engineer's Christmas? (And A Rant About "The New Millenium Hoax")
- Next by Subject: engineering software
- Previous by thread: ACAD MONKEY (Hope This Doesn't Get Me Tossed)
- Next by thread: COST OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING....