FORENSICS: World Trade Center Bombing

Here is a quote I came across recently:

[QUOTE MODE ON]

In the last twenty years, the media have entertained far too many
"Chicken Little experts" proclaiming that terrorism is at our
doorstep. For that reason, we have become somewhat desensitized to the
issue and view it as a distant problem (unless, of course, you are
from New York, where Islamic terrorists came very close to collapsing
one of the World Trade Center towers with a bomb).

[QUOTE MODE OFF]

This leads me to ask: "How close" DID the bombing of the WTC Tower come to
collapsing the building? It is so long ago--and I was much less informed of
things structural then--that I can't recall the assessment made by
structural engineers.

I'm sure there are folks here who can comment authoritatively.

Thanks.