Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:58:33 -0800
In British Columbia, Canada Architects get about 11% of total costs from which the sub consultant professionals are paid. At the end of the job Architects may get between 5 & 7% of total cost. Per hour $75 to $100 average.
Structural engineers might get 1.5% of total but usually between 3 & 4% of construction cost for the structural portion only which is typically 20 to 25% of total cost. Mechanical and electrical consultants might get the same. There are guidelines around here that suggest 6% of structural cost or $18000 whichever is the higher!!!! Per hour $75 to 120. (All $CAN)
Most of my peers are in the 3 to 4% of structural cost. The hungrier ones, less.
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
- Prev by Subject: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION
- Next by Subject: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION
- Previous by thread: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION
- Next by thread: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION