Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION

MOLTO GRAZIE !!!

Thanks a lot for your interesting answer you have given to me.....!....I am sure it will be helpfull for me....

With Complimnets,
Pablo

>>> "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com> 11/03 1:58 am >>>
In British Columbia, Canada Architects get about 11% of total costs from which the sub consultant professionals are paid.  At the end of the job Architects may get between 5 & 7% of total cost.  Per hour $75 to $100 average.

Structural engineers might get 1.5% of total but usually between 3 & 4% of construction cost for the structural portion only which is typically 20 to 25% of total cost.  Mechanical and electrical consultants might get the same.  There are guidelines around here that suggest 6% of structural cost or $18000 whichever is the higher!!!!  Per hour $75 to 120.  (All $CAN)

Most of my peers are in the 3 to 4% of structural cost.  The hungrier ones, less.

Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com