Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
CHILE STRUCTURAL FEES[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com
- Subject: CHILE STRUCTURAL FEES
- From: "Pablo Arrieta R." <parrieta(--nospam--at)rfa.cl>
- Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:15:08 -0400
IN CHILE Structural Fees are about 0.3 % of the total cost ( comercial ) !!! Big contradiction...specially because we are in a high risk seismic zone....( in fact the Earthquake of 1960 was Mw=9.5 the highest liberation of Energy registered...) HOW COULD WE INCREASE THAT NUMBER ????..... I WOULD APPRECIATE IDEAS... Regards, Pablo Arrieta R. Civil Structural Engineer P.U.C. / RFA Ingenieros Bustos 2057 - Providencia Casilla 2895 Santiago - Chile Phone : 56-2-2050570 /Fax : 56-2-2256969 e-mail : parrieta(--nospam--at)rfa.cl Web Site : http://www.rfa.cl ( Visit us !) >>> "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com> 11/03 1:58 am >>> In British Columbia, Canada Architects get about 11% of total costs from which the sub consultant professionals are paid. At the end of the job Architects may get between 5 & 7% of total cost. Per hour $75 to $100 average. Structural engineers might get 1.5% of total but usually between 3 & 4% of construction cost for the structural portion only which is typically 20 to 25% of total cost. Mechanical and electrical consultants might get the same. There are guidelines around here that suggest 6% of structural cost or $18000 whichever is the higher!!!! Per hour $75 to 120. (All $CAN) Most of my peers are in the 3 to 4% of structural cost. The hungrier ones, less. Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE Victoria BC Canada e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com ----- Original Message ----- From: Mario A. Tioli D. To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 5:18 PM Subject: Re: STRUCTURAL FEES QUESTION Pablo Arrieta R. wrote: > > Dear Members, > > In order to support my aim ( improve the valorization of the Structural Civil Engineer in Chile..) > > I would appreciate ..........
- Prev by Subject: Charles Greenlaw's Important Message on Future Code Change Process
- Next by Subject: City of Santa Monica
- Previous by thread: RE: Code History and Philosophy
- Next by thread: CAMPAIGN FOR THE INDEPENDENT STRUCTURAL REVIEWING FOR BUILDINGS PROJECTS IN CHILE