From: Dan Vines [mailto:dan(--nospam--at)willettengineering.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 8:43 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Compatibility of AutoCad with Microstation J

Our firm has a big (~35% of business) client that uses Microstation as well
(I don't know what the "J" stands for, version number????).  Anyway, we
purchased a copy of Microstation SE, that can read the drawing files and
export them to dwg files.  This works a lot better than using dxf, but it
still has some kinks (more with the way Microstation does things than in
translation).

On the flip side, this program will also read dwg files after you have done
them in AutoCAD, but I would imagine that you'd need at least one person
proficient in Microstation to do the requisite post-translation cleanup.

Good luck
Dan