RE: Compatibility of AutoCad with Microstation J

Our firm uses both Microstation (SE) and Autocad (R14 & 2000).  We do most
of our civil work in Microstation and most of our structural work in
AutoCad; however, we have a large retail client that requires all of our
structural to be in Microstation.

Depending on what your client wants to do with the files, you will have to
work very hard to make the translation between the two.  I would highly
suggest purchasing the book Microstation for AutoCAD users, A Bi-directional
Guide by Conforti and Grabowski.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please email privately or
call.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
Smith Engineering Co., Inc.
smitheng(--nospam--at)dos.net