ubc 1985 ..... ubc 1997

Dear every body
I am studying EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING in TEHRAN UNIVERSITY
FACULTY OFENGINEERING (MS)
I have MS thesis in economic & scientific evaluation of  last
IRANIAN SEISMIC CODE.please , send me any information aboat :
1- recently changing in , UBC CODE , SEOAC RECOMMENDATION,......
2-the reasons & purposes of this changing.
3-which of these methods -equivalent static analysis ,pseudodynamic
analysis method,dynamic analysis method  are more economical & more reliable
I want some information about UBC in comparision the risk &
reliability of
UBC85....until....UBC97 and I want to know:
how much did change the economic parameter in USA for this
changing in UBC reliability level.the economic parameters in
IRAN are for example the weight of concrete and steel in structure
system and ....
One of my basic questoin is " Is failure in structue that design
by UBC old ver. in lateral earthquake force by newer ver. of
UBC code (seismic design) that may be larger "
thank you
Mehdi Bbanazadeh                     Phone: +9821-2078070
Civil Engineer                          Fax: +9821-8830277
BSCE, MSCE                       Voice Mail: +9821-2078
email: mehdicivil(--nospam--at)hotmail.com