Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
concrete parapet[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: concrete parapet
- From: "Randy Hamilton P.E." <rh-eng(--nospam--at)dakotacom.net>
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:05:02 -0700
I am currently reviewing a project with cast in place concrete parapets integral with thicker concrete walls and a concrete roof. This structure is located in high elevation snow country. I am concerned about longitudinal temperature and shrinkage reinforcement that should be included in the parapet. The parapet is likely to have over 100 ft. run without control joints. With the temperature cycle that the parapet is likely to go thru and the continuous restraint to the wall and roof is there additional reinforcement recommendations beyond that recommended for typical horizontal wall reinforcement of .002xArea. Can anyone recommend a reference dealing with this subject? Thanks in advance for your help. Randy Hamilton, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Concrete Masonry Load Bearing Buildings
- Next by Subject: RE: concrete parapet
- Previous by thread: ubc 1985 ..... ubc 1997
- Next by thread: RE: concrete parapet