RE: concrete parapet

In the October 1984 issue of Concrete International there was a chart that
indicated that for a control joint spacing of 60 feet (end of chart) you
should use .004 * AREA.  The author said this may not be adequate for the
wall is exposed to the full freeze-thaw cycle.  I read someplace that the
Wisconsin DOT uses .007 * AREA for highways with out control joints, but
most DOT's use .006 * AREA.  I don't think I would use less than .007 * AREA
unless I found a good source that indicated a lower value worked.

Roger Davis
SDS Architects, Inc
205 N. Dewey Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703