Re: HOW'S YOUR LOVE LIFE ?

Mr. Bogdan,

I am a young structural engineer, having recently graduated with my M.S.
degree.  However, there are enough challenges ahead of me, and enough
COMPETENT PROFESSIONALS out there who make TOUGH DESIGN CHOICES every day,
that I remain optimistic that structural engineering will not become a
forgotten activity.

Some of this attitude comes from being green, but I believe there many
*good* engineers, some of whom participate on this list, who are committed
to excellence in the (balancing act?) of structural design.  I hope that as
time moves on I will also help carry the profession forward a bit.  Even
despite some of the negativity that comes with the profession (low fees,
lack of recognition) I'm proud to be here.

I apologize if that's too optimistic or naive.  But I'm glad I feel this
way, and I hope I don't lose the sensation of being part of something
bigger than me.

John M. Drozdek, EIT
Keymark Enterprises, Inc.
Boulder, Colorado, USA

At 08:52 PM 11/4/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear Sirs,
>
>my name is Dumitrascu Bogdan and I am a roumanian structural engineer.
>Due to the economical situation in this country, structural engineering is
to become a forgotten activity; but buildings are my LIFE and structural
design is my LOVE...