Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon
- From: sasquake <sasquake(--nospam--at)uswest.net>
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:14:15 -0800
- Delivered-to: fixup-seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org@fixme
Faults Sense of Security for Oregon
If you are doing seismic design work in Oregon you should have:
Geomatrix Consultants (1995). Seismic Design Mapping, State of Oregon: Prepared for Oregon Department of Transportation, Salem, Oregon, Personal services contract no. 11688, Project no. 2442, various pagination, 245p. (probabilistic ground motion maps: 500-yr, 1000-yr, 2500-yr recurrence); which inventoried/assessed faults.
Consult http://geohazards.cr.usgs.gov/eq/html/faults.shtml and browse around site for what you need.
NEHRP 97: FEMA 302 and 303, plus maps
Treat "entire" coast of Oregon as UBC Seismic Zone 4.
Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM
/ The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself" / "We're All Subducting In This Together"
David Hall wrote:
Good question, I have a building that will be constructed in Brookings Oregon, and I will have to find the same thing.
For those of you who do not know, Oregon adopted the 1997 UBC with Amendments with one of those being that the coastal are of Southern Oregon Be Zone 4.
I was going to contact SEAOC, but if anyone knows, I would also be interested.
David A. Hall, S.E., P.E.
Senior Structural Engineer
David Evans and Associates, Inc.
2828 SW Corbett Ave
Portland, OR 97201
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org
- Re: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon
- From: David Hall
- Prev by Subject: Re: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon
- Next by Subject: FW: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon
- Previous by thread: Re: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon
- Next by thread: FW: Near source factor for City of Newport, Oregon