Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
EQ loads on temp. structures?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'sea'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: EQ loads on temp. structures?
- From: Peterson Brian A PSNS <petersonb(--nospam--at)psns.navy.mil>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:07:06 -0800
Is anyone experienced with seismic analysis of shoring or scaffolding? Or...know of failures of these structures from EQ loads? We have many top-heavy free-standing scaffold towers for supporting equipment, and I'm trying to determine what would happen in a seismic event to these structures. The few experienced falsework engineers I've contacted indicate they seldom if ever have clients request EQ analysis, so I'm trying to convince myself one way or the other that this is even an issue. If EQ loading is a reality, it could mean a BIG change in the way we do business. I can follow up with specific questions if I receive any feedback on this topic. Or, feel free to email me direct. Thanks, Brian Peterson
- Prev by Subject: RE: EQ effects on retaining walls
- Next by Subject: RE: EQ loads on temp. structures?
- Previous by thread: FEMA # Thanks
- Next by thread: RE: EQ loads on temp. structures?