Re: Arlington Road

Attention  SEAINT:

correction to  Greg Smith  message  re:  Arlington Road

I too have seen the movie Arlington Road.

Yes,  the Tim Robbins character  identifies himself as a structural engineer,
 but we never do see his office.  Is He  really a structural engineer ?  -
We never get any other information to support his claim.

By the way,  I have written an extensive article about ENGINEERS IN MOVIES  -
 tiltled  " HOLLYWOOD -  We have  A Problem".   Last year it was posted on of
all places the  IEEE  website  (since removed).    In reponse to the  artcle E
ngineering Times,  the news magazine of NSPE, published an article by Rachael
Davis,  "SHOWTIME for Engineers",  ET,    December  1998.  It might still be
available on the NSPE  website.

Bob Johnson
SEAOI
NCSEA