Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
FEMA 273 and 274[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: engreay(--nospam--at)pacific.net.ph
- Subject: FEMA 273 and 274
- From: FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:08:33 EST
- Cc: FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com, jheintz(--nospam--at)degenkolb.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Allan Yango, To obtain FEMA 273 and 274 in pdf format try the following web site: http://www.degenkolb.com/ascefema273.html I previously sent you an email message to introduce you to Jon Heintz, whose name I misspelled in these message (I really am getting "Old-timers"), but when I reread your first November 7, 1999 email your cry for "Help!!" and "Just badly needed" I went and get the above web site address to send you earlier than you might have gotten it from Jon Heintz, who is the Web Master for that web site. Good luck in the use of FEMA 273 and 274. If you ever need to use the provisions in FEMA 273, Section 2.11.4, Overturning and the Equation (2-15) and the unnumbered Equation in the side-bar on page 2-38 and are running into very large uplift and compressive forces at the connection of the structure to the top of the reinforced concrete foundation and considerably smaller uplift and compressive forces at the bottom of the foundation at the foundation-soil interface, then please contact me. I believe there is a fundamental problem with FEMA 273 and how it attempts to deal with overturning forces. Also, there are serious problems when the uplift and compressive forces at the top of the foundation are not in equilibrium with the uplift and compressive forces at the foundation-soil interface. In other words, how do you design a foundation system when the uplift and compressive forces at the top of the of the foundation and the uplift and compressive forces at the foundation-soil interface are not in equilibrium? If you would like to discuss this serious problem with FEMA 273 and how it attempts to deal with overturning forces, please contact me. Frank E. McClure FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Prev by Subject: FEMA # Thanks
- Next by Subject: FEMA 273, Overturning and a possible solution to the problem.
- Previous by thread: Weekend Special
- Next by thread: Prescribing "Immediate Occupancy" Using FEMA 273 and FEMA 310