Special Moment Resisting Masonry Wall Frames

UBC 2108.2.6 Explains a new type of masonry construction called special
moment resisting wall frames.  We are considering using this on a project
where reinforced structural clay masonry is already planned.  Other than the
code itself are their any good reference materials for this type of design?
My initial search came up empty.  Has any one used this system successfully?

Dave Morris
Endex Engineering
Corvallis, OR