Re: RE: Need information on Hay Bale Homes

Call David Mar at Steve Tipping & Associates (510)549-1906. Tell him Constantine says Hi.
Constantine

>>> Mark Rodgers <MarkR(--nospam--at)dpsabq.com> 11/08/99 10:20AM >>>
New Mexico has standards for Non-Load Bearing Baled Straw.  The main
structural item that you have to worry about is that the straw bales can not
be used to support the weight of the building beyond the weight of the bales
themselves.  So, you need to design a gravity and lateral "frame" to support
the loads.  I am not sure if California has any adopted standards, but I can
fax you NM standards if you like.

Mark Rodgers. EIT
mailto:markr(--nospam--at)dpsabq.com <mailto:markr(--nospam--at)dpsabq.com>
Dekker / Perich / Sabatini
architecture  interiors  planning  engineering
505 761.9700
fax 761.4222