Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Need information on Hay Bale Homes

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
You may try and contact Jake Feldman @ Architectural Engineering Dept., Cal Poly SLO.  (805) 756 1314
He has done a couple of studies and at least one test project with hay bale structures.
Paul Feather
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 10:07 AM
Subject: Need information on Hay Bale Homes

I have been asked to design a Hay Bale home for an architect who is moving into our area. I don't have any information, structurally, on this type of construction and don't know of any projects that have been approved in the Riverside California County (or surrounding counties) area.
Can anyone provide me with links or resources I can obtain to understand how to tie the system together both for gravity loads and lateral?
Dennis S. Wish, PE
(208) 361-5447 Efax