RE: REBARS : ASTM A 615 GRADE 60

My understanding is that all rebar is weldable - if the required chemical
properties are known to determine the "carbon equivalent" and if proper
techniques are used.  First one must obtain chemical analysis as required by
AWS D1.4 and then welding should be performed in accordance with AWS D1.4.
Of course depending upon carbon equivalency, some bars are more easily
welded than others.