From: Robert Rollo [mailto:rrollo(--nospam--at)TEAM-PSC.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 3:25 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Epoxy (et al) Injection

in repairing a potable water treatment gravity filter for minor seepage
cracking, i am needing to inject something.

i am tripping over literature for adhesive materials other than epoxy.

urethanes from MasterBuilders, vinyl terploymers and vinylesters from
Absolute Waterproofing Systems, and traditional "epoxy" from Aboject

coupla Q's:
1) is it just me or does our industry misuse/overuse the term epoxy and has
that become the Kleenex equivalent in the facial tissue realm or is epoxy
really the correct "generic" term for all of these 2 component adhesive
materials.

2) having used "epoxy" satisfactorily in the past for similar applications,
should i consider using some of these other materials (with all due
parameters (tensile and compressive strengths, viscosity appropriate for
crack width, etc) or shall i go with old standby.

3) what are pros and cons of other materials in your experiences.
4) are there any other commonly available mfrs so that i don't get too
proprietary with my specification.

any info appreciated and as always, tia

robert rollo
Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc.