Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Special Moment Resisting Masonry Wall Frames[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Special Moment Resisting Masonry Wall Frames
- From: Ed.Haninger(--nospam--at)fluor.com
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:58:23 -0800
One source you should check is the Concrete Masonry Association of California and Nevada. Their web address is http://www.cmacn.org, phone: (916) 722-1700. They have published a number of articles they call "Masonry Chronicles". I looked through my past copies and see the Spring 1995 issue which covers Masonry Wall Frames. I think they also had a more recent one on the special frames. Ed Haninger Fluor Daniel Aliso Viejo, CA Dave Morris <davem(--nospam--at)endex.com> on 11/08/99 10:53:09 AM Please respond to seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org cc: (bcc: Ed Haninger/AV/FD/FluorCorp) Subject: Special Moment Resisting Masonry Wall Frames UBC 2108.2.6 Explains a new type of masonry construction called special moment resisting wall frames. We are considering using this on a project where reinforced structural clay masonry is already planned. Other than the code itself are their any good reference materials for this type of design? My initial search came up empty. Has any one used this system successfully?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Special Moment Resisting Masonry Wall Frames
- Next by Subject: specifications lateral loads in rails of footbridges
- Previous by thread: RE: Special Moment Resisting Masonry Wall Frames
- Next by thread: pullout of PAF in light gage track