Re: Need information on Hay Bale Homes

Dennis--

Bruce King has written a book on the structural design of rammed earth and straw bale buildings. Check out his web site at www.ecobuilding.com.

--Mark

From: "SEConsultant" <seconsultant(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
To: "Seaint@Seaint. Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Need information on Hay Bale Homes
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:07:09 -0800

I have been asked to design a Hay Bale home for an architect who is moving
into our area. I don't have any information, structurally, on this type of
construction and don't know of any projects that have been approved in the
Riverside California County (or surrounding counties) area.
Can anyone provide me with links or resources I can obtain to understand how
to tie the system together both for gravity loads and lateral?

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
SEConsultant(--nospam--at)Earthlink.net
(208) 361-5447 Efax