Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Testing of SMRF Joints[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Testing of SMRF Joints
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:06:11 -0600
Title: RE: Testing of SMRF Joints
The basic "standards" for testing are available in the AISC Seismic Provisions Appendix S. You should also look at SAC documents like FEMA 267 and 267B. The actual testing has usually been performed by Universities, such as U of Texas--Austin, UC San Diego, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, U of Michigan, U of Illinois, etc. Some private labs, too.
From: PeckDesign(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:PeckDesign(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 6:27 PM
Subject: Testing of SMRF Joints
According to LA City memo of 8/11/97 I am required to do lab testing of steel
moment connections used in Special Moment Resisting Frames. Does anyone know
who does this type of testing, what it costs, and what the standards are? I
understand that it is possible to use previously tested joints, but this
joint is a built-up retrofit of an existing weak column and two simply
supported beam ends. I am pretty sure it is not standard.
Perhaps I should give up and go to an OMRF and take the R increase. Perhaps I
am not required to do the testing since it is an upgrade (retrofit), even
though the plan-checker claims that I am.
Thanks in adavance.******* ***
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********
- Prev by Subject: Re: Testing of SMRF Joints
- Next by Subject: There's fungus among us.
- Previous by thread: Re: Testing of SMRF Joints
- Next by thread: Anchorage to concrete