Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Pole Embedment-One More Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Pole Embedment-One More Question
- From: RajSTC(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:30:16 EST
Mr. Greenlaw: Thanks for your response. I failed to include one more question in my earlier post. One other footnote to Table 29-B (18-B in later versions of UBC) indicates that the sliding resistance (subject to some maximum value) may be combined with lateral bearing. If I decide to take advantage of this provision, how can I apply it? Can I subtract the sliding resistance from 'P' in the formula for 'A'? That is, is the following formula valid? A = (2.34*(P-Sliding Resistance))/(S1 * b) Thanks in advance. Raj.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Pole embedment, 3rd Q.
- Next by Subject: Re: Pole Embedment-One More Question
- Previous by thread: Re: Development Length for Prestressing Strand
- Next by thread: Re: Pole Embedment-One More Question