Re: Anchorage to concrete

Sherman,

The article in building standards article clearly shows in numerous diagrams the
embedment depth 'le' as starting at the portion of the bolt which would be in
bearing ( excluding the thickness of the head ) against the concrete for
tension.  Not the full depth of embedment of the anchor.  It goes on to say that
the J or L hook anchors have not performed as well under testing as a headed
bolt.

Robert Shaffer