Re: drift calculation, 1997 UBC using ASD

I pointed out this problem previously, but I can't find the original
message to recycle it now.

You are correct.  The erratum is itself an error.  The original text
was correct; deflections are to be checked using strength-level
loads.  I suspect that someone at ICBO *thought* the section
reference was wrong and prepared the erratum.  The codewriters that
I've spoken to all agree that the original text was correct.  All
other U.S. codes (including the 2000 IBC) are clear on this point.