Re: Need information on Hay Bale Homes

There is a hay bale home currently being built in Crowley Lake (just 20
minutes south of Mammoth Lakes) with 95 psf snow loads.  The structure is
basically post and beam with hay bales for insulation/walls.  Contact the
Mono County Building Department for more information.

At 10:07 AM 11/8/99 -0800, you wrote:
>   I have been asked to  design a Hay Bale home for an architect who is
>moving into our area. I don't  have any information, structurally, on this
>type of construction and don't know  of any projects that have been
>approved in the Riverside California County (or  surrounding counties)
>area. Can anyone provide  me with links or resources I can obtain to
>understand how to tie the system  together both for gravity loads and
>lateral?   Regards, Dennis S. Wish, PE SEConsultant(--nospam--at)Earthlink.net (208)
>361-5447 Efax
Debby Hight
Triad/Holmes Assoc.
P.O. Box 1570