From: Sandy Pringle [mailto:sandyp(--nospam--at)sic-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 8:47 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Reuters Article

Greetings,
I'd not post this if it weren't verified by my own sources....
If you choose to discount the importance, I apologize for taking up your bandwidth.

Bubbleboy' virus propagates on Web
By Reuters
November 9, 1999 1:16 PM PT

Researchers have discovered what they believe to be the first e-mail-borne computer infection that
doesn't require a user to open an e-mail or e-mail attachment for it to wreak havoc.

Dubbed "Bubbleboy" after an episode of TV sitcom "Seinfeld," the virus is known as a worm
because it is self-propagating. Researchers at anti-virus software firm Network Associates Inc.
(Nasdaq: NETA) received the computer infection anonymously Monday night at about 10 p.m.
Pacific time.