RE: drift calculation, 1997 UBC using ASD

>I bet a few could now make the argument that the
>building code is sufficiently ambiguous so as to be unenforceable in a
>court-of-law.
A bad situation--it'll leave the interpretation up to the hired guns
retained by opposing counsel and whatever tricks might be brought to bear
during cross-examination. To a jury it'll just sound like a shouting
match between a couple of pointy heads, so a verdict will depend more on
who a jury likes than what the facts are.

In a civil trial the court doesn't enforce anything, BTW--it just
determines which side provides the most credible back-up for its
contention.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw