Re: engineering software

I have used Ramsteel for both gravity and lateral frame analysis and in
general it has worked very well.  I have also used STAAD, RISA and
GTStrudl.  For ease of use and user friendliness I believe that Ramsteel
is the best program.  It has some limitations however, but Ram appears
to be dedicated to improving their product.  Of the other three programs
I would rate them in the following order: GTStrudl, RISA and STAAD
substantially farther down the list.

As far as Ram Advanse is concerned, it is has just been released so I
haven't used it yet. I do know that it was developed in conjunction with
the producers of  Avansse's AVwin98 and is a modification to their
existing program.