Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Overseas Designations

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
In Iran and some other countries in the Meadle-East, the main reference for producing and using steel shapes is Stahl. Visit

e.g. W21 is called INP,IPE or IPB55, depend on it's flange width.

Fariborz Tehrani,                      Phone: (310)509-8826
Civil Engineer                           Fax: (530)481-9532
BSCE, MSCE, PE                    Voice Mail: (877)743-6206
email: fmtehrani(--nospam--at)

From: "Blakely, Bernie" <blakely.bernie(--nospam--at)>
Reply-To: seaint(--nospam--at)
To: steel-detail(--nospam--at), seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Overseas Designations
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:37:59 -0400

Does anyone know of a reference that translates between North American
designations of structural steel shapes and 'equivalent' sizes commonly used
in the Asian, European, and British markets ?

i.e.  What do they call a W21x44 in Beijing, Berlin, and Liverpool ?

Bernie Blakely,M.Sc.Eng.,P.Eng
Fabrication Manager
York Steel Inc.
Tel.: (506)444-7989
E-Mail: blakely.bernie(--nospam--at)

Get Your Private, Free Email at