Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Dual System - SCBF w/SMRF[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Dual System - SCBF w/SMRF
- From: Eddie Gonzalez <Eagonzal(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US>
- Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:05:05 -0800
The Code seems to allow one to used a dual system composed of SBCB w/ SMRF. Has anyone ever used such an animal. If so, Q1: What does it usually look like - perimeter frames with braced core, or adjacent SMRF in same brace line or even both a SMRF and SBCB in the same bay. That last version would seem to be a connection nightmare. Q2: Do you have difficulty evaluating the overall response, being that one system is usually much stiffer than the other? Q3: Why might one seek to used this - - architectural restrictions? Ed Gonzalez p.s. The SEAOSC seminar on SCBF by the AISC-LA Chapter was very insightful and packed full of information. If anyone did not get to go, you should try to get the notes from SEAOSC.
- Prev by Subject: Dual System
- Next by Subject: RE: Dual System - SCBF w/SMRF
- Previous by thread: RE: Cable grid structures
- Next by thread: RE: Dual System - SCBF w/SMRF