Steel-on-Steel Galling

I have a situation where a ~20" cylinder accepts a smaller cylinder (0.007" OD to ID clearance ea. side), to form a telescoping tube shape, and the overlap required is what I'm solving for.  The deeper the lap, the less the galling force from eccentric force (I reason that the separation between the "kink" points reduces the force required to resist the moment due to eccentricity).  I'd like references or advice on the following:

1. Given a force for steel-on-steel, steel-on-cast iron, etc. sliding bearing surfaces, what would the expected galling be?

2. How would one estimate the stress distribution of an arc-shaped bearing surface such as this (in order to estimate the expected galling per #1)?

As always, your help is much appreciated.

Ed Fasula