RE: engineering software

>Some suggested areas where essentially all programs need improvement
>include.

All the programs I've used regularly handle your items 1-4 easily using
command stream input rather than sitting at the terminal and entering
them interactively. With both programs you can save a series of commands
listed on a text file so the program can read and execute them all in
sequence by simply reading the file. It works with all program commands
including plot and post processing. COSMOS and ANSYS save all the
interactive commands on a text file that can be saved and edited after an
interactive session, so you can generate a model piecewise, fixing
erroneous commands with a text editor as needed. The command file makes
an excellent archive. Seems like most of the developer's reps I've run
into only want to talk about whizzy keyboard commands--could be your
software can do this and you weren't told.

Item 5 (extraction of nodal forces on cut faces) is really a must. If you
can't check static equilibrium or loading it's like night driving without
headlights.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw