Re: damage to buildings from nearby quarry blasting

Contact TRIMET in Portland, Oregon.  They had to do blasting in basalt for the new light rail tunnel, and had to deal with the issues of nearby residences.

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /        The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"

SCHFUN(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Can someone direct me to a good source of information about the effect of
daily quarry blasting on nearby residential (Type V) structures?  Both
structural and non-structural damage assessments?  Any personal knowledge of
vibration measurements made, threshold criteria above which damage could be
expected?

Thanks.

Steve Helfrich, P.E.

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org